Good Old-fashioned Cross-Country
On Friday 14th February over 700 children and their parents and teachers gathered in our school grounds to take part in our Annual Cross-Country Event.
The children came from 16 different schools from the local area, a mix of independent and state, to join our Highfield and Brookham children. The schools included Feltonfleet, Westbourne House, Amesbury, Seaford College, Hoe Bridge, Edgeborough, Churcher’s College Junior, Bohunt, Aldro, Cranmore, The Royal School, Lanesborough, Camelsdale Primary, Grayswood School, St Polycarp’s Catholic Primary and Frensham Heights.
The afternoon consisted of ten races offering age appropriate routes varying from 1km to 2.9km. The course took the children through the fields and woodlands of Highfield and Brookham Schools which is situated in the South Downs National Park.
After a lot of rain from Storm Ciara the course certainly offered the children a lot of mud and tricky terrain. There were a few shoes lost and a lot of muddy knees but still a lot of smiling faces!
The winners from each race were as follows:
- U13 Boys: Bohunt School, Liphook
- U13 Girls: Highfield and Brookham Schools, Liphook
- U12 Boys: Westbourne House, Chichester
- U12 Girls: Seaford College, Petworth
- U11 Boys: Churcher’s College Junior School, Liphook
- U11 Girls: Edgeborough School, Farnham
- U10 Boys: Westbourne House, Chichester
- U10 Girls: Highfield and Brookham Schools, Liphook
- U9 Boys: Edgeborough, Farnham
- U9 Girls: Highfield and Brookham Schools, Liphook
Phillip Evitt, Headmaster at Highfield School said
It was simply wonderful to welcome so many children, parents and teachers to our Annual Cross-Country Event. We are extremely proud of school grounds and it fantastic that we can share it with so many people from outside our immediate school community. It was thrilling to watch so many children get stuck in and get incredibly muddy in some good old-fashioned sport.
If you work in a school and would like to express interest for next year's event please email Dan our Director of Sport on firstname.lastname@example.org.